Oahu – Inter facility transfers, secondary 911 services, critical care ground transports, event medical standbys, Continued Medical Education and Community Training
Maui County (Maui, Lanai, Molokai) – Primary 911 service, Inter facility transfers, event medical standbys, Community Training
Kauai County – Primary 911 service, Inter facility transfers, event medical standbys, Community Training
Big Island – Inter facility transfers, secondary 911 services, event medical standbys
Event medical standbys for on-site emergency care at special events and community service provided throughout the islands.
911 emergency services 24-hours-a-day, seven days-a-week. Our team of experienced EMS professionals and caregivers work with cities, counties, fire departments and government agencies to ensure they receive the right service with the highest level of patient care.
AMR’s dependable, compassionate, high-quality care meets HIPAA requirements on all inter-facility transports. AMR offers a variety of integrated services to hospitals, hospital networks, rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes across the islands including:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – AMR’s Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance service is designed to support medical transports in communities for 9-1-1 responses and between medical facilities. Two emergency medical technicians (EMTs) trained to make medically appropriate treatment staff BLS ambulances. Our EMTs are without peer when it comes to providing excellent medical care in a compassionate manner.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) – AMR’s Advanced Life Support ambulances provide medical transportation in communities for 9-1-1 responses and between hospitals, rehabilitation and skilled nursing facilities. Advanced Life Support ambulances are like emergency rooms on wheels, with the people and medical equipment necessary to stabilize a patient until arrival at a hospital emergency department or trauma center.
- Critical Care Ground Transports (CCT) -Critical Care Transport is the interfacility transportation of a critically injured or ill beneficiary by a ground ambulance vehicle, including the provision of medically necessary supplies and services, at a level of service beyond the scope of the EMT-Paramedic.
- Neonatal and Pediatric Team Ambulance Transports – Neonatal and Pediatric medical transport service is designed to support highly specialized hospital-based Neonatal and Pediatric Transports. AMR transports hospital medical teams and patients between acute care facilities using equipment such as incubators, isolettes and ventilators. This program supports the medical care, well-being and safety of our keiki during transport to Kapi’olani Children’s Medical Center.
- Bariatric Medical Transports – AMR has introduced Bariatric ambulances. into our fleet to carry patients weighing 350-1,00 pounds. AMR Bariatric ambulances. are designed to provide additional room for the patient and the medical support team.
Critical Care Transports
Critical Care Transport is the interfacility transportation of a critically injured or ill beneficiary by a ground ambulance vehicle, including the provision of medically necessary supplies and services, at a level of service beyond the scope of the EMT-Paramedic.
Our Specialty Care/Critical Care vehicles are designed to function as mobile intensive care units. We specialize in neonatal and pediatric intensive care transports. AMR also invests millions of dollars in technology and equipment because it can mean the difference between life and death. We focus on customer satisfaction and clinical excellence when designing customized solutions to introduce innovative programs that improve patient outcomes and create new efficiencies.
Event Medical Standbys
- Event Medical Standbys—No other provider in Hawaii has the depth of experience and resources serving Site-Based Event Medical Standbys than American Medical Response. From sporting events to commercials, TV and movie productions, the AMR Event Medical team will be on hand to provide on-site medical care.
Community and Continued Medical Training
Dispatchers- Our Communications Center is as critical to saving lives as the EMS professionals in the field. Designed to meet the unique needs of our community, our dispatchers have the capability to ensure timely and medically appropriate responses.
EMS Billing department – AMR’s comprehensive billing program is aided by one of the nation’s most advanced EMS billing systems. The system is designed for electronic data exchange with payers, enhanced data security and compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. Our company’s national compliance program provides a level of resources unsurpassed in our industry. Any questions concerning billing, call the billing/records/claims number at 1-800-228-7601